Friday, March 21, 2014

Interesting projects..

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - Lennon, McCartney

The Imagine Project, Inc. was founded in 1992 by Bill Bartlett under the auspices of The Creative Arts Team of New York University. Since then we have worked in over one hundred schools in the New York City / New Jersey area. Bill believes with all his heart in the power of love and art to overcome all obstacles. The Imagine Project was founded on the principle that there exists within each child a creative energy which must not lie dormant. Eventually, as with all sources of power, it must either extinguish itself, excel or explode. Their soul objective is to encourage and guide children to nurture, develop, and when necessary, recapture those innate gifts of childhood which so often are lost by the age of ten, as children begin to ask: "What if I make a mistake? What if they laugh at me?" By envisioning, experimenting without fear of failure, and creating projects which are ultimately performed, often set to music and videotaped, children developed a sense of fulfillment, self-confidence and direction which may serve them throughout their lives.

"When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glance, Out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, The child is grown, the dream is gone. I...have become, comfortably numb." - Roger Waters: Pink Floyd

An Imaginary Thing is a short documentary film that profiles passionate children's theater director Bill Bartlett, and the profound personal and professional challenges he faces when he tries to include children living in a Brooklyn homeless shelter in the cast of his play.

No comments: